In this document, words and phrases appearing in bold type have special meaning. We’ve defined these below. If you’re still not clear and need further explanation, please call us on 1800 800 230.
Your Latitude Gem Visa account is with Latitude Finance Australia (LFA) ABN 42 008 583 588. Australian Credit Licence number 392145.
A retailer holding an Australian business number (ABN) and carrying on a business or enterprise from:
- retail premises located in Australia, or
- an Australian website capable of delivering to residential premises in Australia.
For the Disability and Involuntary Unemployment benefits, the closing balance on your account, less any overdue amounts, on the statement immediately before the date of the accident, illness or injury causing disability or the date you were made involuntarily unemployed.
For the Life benefit, the outstanding balance on your account at the date of your death, excluding any overdue amounts, fees and other charges imposed on any overdue amounts.
In our reasonable assessment, due to medically diagnosed sickness or injury, you are unable to perform the normal duties of your usual occupation.
Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 82 008 477 647 AFSL 243478
Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 87 008 446 884 AFSL 243469
If you are an employee:
- you stop working as a result of being terminated or being made redundant by your employer, where the job loss is not of your choosing, or
- you accept the terms of redundancy, offered by your employer, due to organisational downsizing or restructure.
If you are self-employed or in a business partnership, you stop working and it’s not of your choosing, because:
- you stop the business trading permanently or start to wind it up,
- the business is placed in the hands of an insolvency practitioner, or
- for partnerships, you stop trading permanently or dissolve or start to dissolve the partnership.
If you work on a contract or seasonal basis, you stop working as a result of being terminated or made redundant by your employer before the agreed expiry date of the contract, season or task, where the job loss is not of your choosing.
If you leave your job because you have to provide regular and sustained care for a family member without receiving an income (other than Centrelink Carer's Allowance or equivalent), where the accident, condition or disability which caused this need for care, occurred after the policy started.
An individual article, object, piece, artefact or unit, or one that is part of a collection or set. It does not include services.
You are working in a business and:
- you have power or control or influence over the business because you own it, or are a major shareholder in the company that owns it, or a partner in the partnership that owns it,
- you are working for payment or reward, and
- you are not an employee of another business.
Hallmark General and Hallmark Life.
Continuous and regular employment for salary or wages, including self-employment, a partner in a partnership, full-time, part-time, contract or seasonal worker, or if you are contracted for a specified season, period or task.
The person who has entered into a credit contract with LFA for your Latitude Gem Visa account. If, when you applied for Shopper's Protection, you nominated your partner as the main income earner to be covered under Life, Disability and Involuntary Unemployment, then any reference to "you" in relation to a claim under these covers means your nominated partner.